Number of Pupils and Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) received in 2015/2016
Total Number of Children eligible for PPG 15
Amount of PPG received per child £1,320
Expected Pupil Premium £19,800
- To reduce the in-school attainment gap between PPG and non PPG pupils in reading, writing and maths.
- To ensure high attainment of more-able and gifted and talented PPG pupils.
- To increase targeted extended school opportunities for PPG pupils.
- To increase the range of services available to support the wellbeing of PPG pupils.
- To increase the punctuality and attendance of PPG pupils through increased monitoring and engagement with families.
Spending Plans for 2015/16
Attainment and Progress
- Support underachieving pupils in literacy and numeracy by providing quality first teaching, supported by well-trained classroom support staff.
- Small group intervention
- Additional specialised support staff particularly in Y1/2 specifically for phonics and reading support.
- Target underachieving PPG pupils through additional after school, Saturday classes and holiday tuition.
- Targeted free clubs for PPG pupils including reading, maths, art, writing, music, extended provision.
- Increased targeted parent workshops on how to engage and support children in their learning.
Well-being and pastoral support
- Support PPG pupils with identified barriers to learning through a range of targeted interventions with appropriate members of the behaviour/ nurture support team.
- Early support for PPG pupils with special educational needs whilst awaiting SEN funding.
- Additional LSA support for statemented PPG pupils, where appropriate.
- Attendance/ Family Support
- Dedicated time for Educational Welfare Officer to take additional action where vulnerable PPG pupil attendance remains below national average.